Sunday, September 16, 2012

15 Sep - Fishing Local Style

I fished with Jula over in Majuro a couple of weekends ago and there were long periods between catching fish. So over the course of those two days fishing and many beers we decided that I should leave the relative safety of my 'mahnwai' (white man) boat and venture out with Jula for a days fishing when I get back. Why the hell not I say. Little did I know what an awesome day it would be. Apart from the part were we started sinking and after I plugged the hole with a sinker wrapped in cloth and bailed about 200 litres of water.....
 
 Our first fish of the day. PVC pipe to hold the rods and outriggers in place. The combined value of the rods and reels came to more than he paid for the boat.... It did the job though, very well in fact.
 
 Our best fish of the day, 31lbs of yummy wahoo.
 
 Paul and Jula were hoping to get me more fish but in the end we caught some and drank a few beers so all was good.
 
On the lie detector.
 
Jula took the fish to his family's restaurant where the chef make me an awesome meal of tempora, sashimi and poke wahoo. Man I'm going to miss this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment