Thursday, September 13, 2012

Disney Cruise - Juneau, Alaska

A short six hour port visit to other coastal Alaskan town saw us in Juneau. With the kids secure in the Kid's Club Nic and I went our separate ways. Nic went and did some kayaking and I went chasing the plentiful alaskan salmon.
 
 Nic's tour group got out of the minibus year. I guess if you ever needed a spare snow ski you could try here.
 
 After rugging up in many layers of waterproof clothing one must have realised that the water was going to be cold if you fell into it.
 

 It even looked cold from the photos. Nic's tandam canoe partner was an older gentleman that apparantly happy to have the 'young lady' provide most of the go anywhere power.
 Very scenic, unfortunately they didn't see any whales. Maybe that was fortunate.
 
 Cold no doubt but I'm sure Nic was warmer in those clothes than I was on the fishing boat.
 
Look closely and you can make out the outline of a bald eagle on the top of the left tree.
 
Why are there no photos of my fishing expeditition...... It's a heartbreaking story that still makes me angry. Let's just say the two very nice and quite large salmon that got all the way to the boat were lost by an 'idiot' deckhand who didn't know how to use a gaff properly. No photos with a fish of a lifetime while in Alaska. He's probably lucky I didn't hook a third one because if he had of lost that one as well he would have be swimming with them and I would then shown him how to use a gaff. Yes it cuts deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment