Tuesday, February 21, 2012

19 Feb - Fishing Day

Well it had been over three weeks and I had a itch that needed to be scratched. The wind was blowing 40 knots at least at one stage during the night and I even thought about cancelling (heaven forbid). At 6am Brenda and I decided it was going to be okay windwise so out we went. No wind, but plenty of rain. I have never been so wet, not even in a bloody swimming pool.

10kgs of teeth. Fingers and toes away from the nose. Stinky barracuda.


Yet another wahoo.


Our two wahoo for the day, both caught before 0730. That's 37 wahoo in my last 5 trips. If only it was like that all year round I'd be letting them go. The wahoo run is close to ending though; luckily the freezer is stocked to get us through until next October when they start turning up again.


A beautifully coloured blue-fin trevally that our boat driver took home for dinner.


A fishing tournament is scheduled for this upcoming weekend. Lets hope that the weather is better then, and that I get a marlin into the boat......

No comments:

Post a Comment