Wednesday, October 6, 2010

03 Oct - Rugby League Grand Final

What a grand choice it has proven to be to come to Pohnpei for a few years. We get rugby league and rugby union games live for a change. Imagine having to travel from Australia to a third world country in the middle of bloody no where to watch you national team play 'live'. WA TV is a joke, a bloody joke I tell. Way too much GayFL..... Now that I've had my rant I'll tell you about the 2010 Rubgy League Grand Final at the Campbell House. There was a couple of teams in it, one of them won (on grand final day mind you - we didn't have to wait a week for a result) and we ate a great meal and drank quite a bit of alcohol. We invited the two new couples from the Australian Embassy Compound over (DFAT Staff) and had a great afternoon/evening.

Seven yummy lobsters, a nice little coral trout and a little grouper just waiting to be cooked.

Heather explaining to Jaxon how Rugby League works. That is Heather's glass by the way....... I would never allow something like that to be stored in my house, never....... Pony what is going on with that glass.

Lobster tails on the bbq.


Pony is the compounds resident master chef without a doubt. Don't worry I hear about it from Nic every day. So with Pony away looking after FSS PALIKIR doing a refit in Cairns it was up to me to produce the goods. Asian style whole fish in black bean sauce turned out pretty well. Mind you I used most of Pony and Heathers ingrediants to make it.

The crew just before we chowed down.


All the girls hard at work in the kitchen. Peng We is making the desert, Nic is drying up, Heather's doing the dishes. I'm still not sure what Ecky is up to......

Husband and wife cooking team. Ecky's brownies and Peng We's bananas were a hit for sure. Role on the next reason for a get together.






1 comment:

  1. Hey I was helping you and Nic to finish what ever in that glasses :p

    ReplyDelete