Sunday, July 4, 2010

30 June - Fishing

I honestly had no intention of going fishing this day. Honestly. I was laying on the bed at about a quarter to five after a full day at work and trying to recover from fishing the day before when the phone rings. Its Alois from the Pohnpei Surf Club. 'Hi Scott, what are you doing?' To which I reply 'Nothing'. 'Grab your casting pole, come to the club, we're going fishing' and hangs up. What could I do, I didn't even have a chance to reply.

15 minutes later we were casting and enjoying some beautiful flat water. After about 25 minutes I hooked and landed my fish Blackjack Trevally in Pohnpei. A small one but a good fish all the same.

I stopped fishing just long enough to savour a beautiful Pohnpeian sunset.

My lure having a little rest.


I caught one other nice trevally about ten minutes after the first one. A little bigger at 7kgs. When we got back to the surf club I rang up Jaxon's school teacher and offered her a fish. They accepted it greatfully so all in all another great afternoon/evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment