Sunday, July 4, 2010

01 July - More Chickens

While we were away on holiday our neighbour Heather told us that one of the chickens that lives on the compound had laid eggs in one of our hanging baskets. They probably do this to keep them safe from the cats, dogs, toads and land crabs.

At 0617 I was woken up by a bit of a ruckus out my balcony door. I had a look and there was the mother hen sitting on the railing beside the basket. A signal that I had to go and help her.

I carried the basket downstairs and she flew down to meet me.

The basket was tipped over and they all jumped out and ran to mum.

They are still running about. They come over to see me everytime I go downstairs and I'll give them a handful of rice. I even have the little chicks sitting in my hand now. Pretty cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment