Sunday, July 4, 2010

03 July - Fishing

I can't let a weekend pass without fishing while Nic, Jaxon and Indi are away. Beru (our Pohnpeian boat driver) and I headed over to Ant Atoll for the day. We trolled there but didn't even get a touch. I already decided that it was going to be a bait-free day, so trolling, casting and jigging lures was only way I could catch fish.
Once we got to Ant I tried some casting but nothing seemed to be interested. I changed over to a jig and after working the lure on the bottom for about 15 seconds, bang. A nice little coral trout snaffled it and came onboard.

We changed spots shortly after that I and I landed a beautiful Napoleon Wrasse.

We then headed off to our third spot and I caught this nice little brown-marbled grouper. Nothing huge but nice looking fish.
So it wasn't the best day fishing ever but it is always a good feeling to catch fish on lures.


No comments:

Post a Comment