Sunday, May 16, 2010

Good Karma

Whether you believe in Karma or not is obviously up to you. But one good turn deserves another for sure. It was Easter Monday and we were out on the boat for the day. I heard my mobile phone ring (which a small miracle on the boat in itself) and a friend needed a favour. A fishing boat had some rope caught around the bow-thruster and couldn't remove it. As it was the Easter holiday both dive shops on island were shut so they asked me if they could borrow my dive gear to help them cut the line free. 'No worries, just fill the tank when you are done'. The next day my tank was returned full with a couple of thank-yous and I thought that was the end of it. I was happy to help them out; I wasn't using the diving gear anyway. About two weeks after that I got a phone call from the same guy asking me if I was home. We were and he turned up with a couple of frozen Albacore Tuna about 20kgs each. The guys on the fishing boat wanted to return the favour. Good Karma for sure.

A couple of solid Albacore, close relations to the yellow-fin tuna and just as tasty.
They were big fish so we are just sawing off slabs of tuna meat as we want it.

Sawing a frozen tuna isn't as easy as I thought.


For no real reason at all I have put this picture of our dinner last night. About 2kgs of rainbow runner baked in the oven. What wasn't eaten is about to be turned into fishcakes. Yummo.



No comments:

Post a Comment