Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Dando Fishing Trip

The Dando family fishing trip. Nic and I have become great friends with Lori and Stephen. Lori is the 2 I/C of the US Embassy here and Stephen is the house husband; man I want his job. They have their two sons over here for a short while so I offered to take them out for a trip on our boat.

It was pretty windy and a little lumpy but that didn't stop us getting on to some fish. None of them are fishermen (or fisherwomen) so I pretty set up the rods with the right lures and once we got a strike I made sure the fish was properly hooked and then handed the rod over for them to have some fun. This photo is from a double hook-up with Lori holding on for dear life. It was a great experience for sure.
On the way back from fishing we stopped in at P-Pass to watch the surfers for a little while. Not a bad 8-9 foot right-hander.

A little messy because of the wind but great fun I'm sure.


A nice pic of the surfers waiting for a wave with Sokez Mountain in the back ground.


Surfing is the major tourist industry here.


A fantastic vantage point from the moorings at P-Pass.

And away we go on another great P-Pass righthander.


One each, job done. Now where did I put my beer......







No comments:

Post a Comment