Saturday, January 16, 2010

World Champion Surfer Girls

Arrived Monday and on the plane with us was the world No 1 female surfer Steffine Glimore, world No 5 female surfer Sally Fitzgibbon and world No 1 junior female surfer Laura Enever (not that Nic or I knew who they were). I got to go out to Palikir Pass (Pohnpei's famous surf break) and watch them surf. 15-20 foot waves and they carved it up. An awesome opportunity for sure.

Steff Gilmore
Sally Fitzgibbon

Laura Enever


I went to the Pohnpei Surf Club (right next to our house) and met the girls. All Aussies and happy to pose for some photos. Laura gave me one of the boards that she broke (the girls broke six boards in the two days they were here) to start my autograph collection.

Need I say more.




1 comment:

  1. Better get a masseur certificate Soupy. I'm sure you could help those battered bodies from that pounding surf.

    Great pics.

    ReplyDelete